Song of the sparrow / by Lisa Ann Sandell
- Sandell, Lisa Ann
- New York : Scholastic Press, 2007.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- 394 pages ; 20 cm
- In fifth-century Britain, nine years after the destruction of their home on the island of Shalott brings her to live with her father and brothers in the military encampments of Arthur's army, seventeen-year-old Elaine describes her changing perceptions of war and the people around her as she becomes increasingly involved in the bitter struggle against the invading Saxons.
- Arthur, King—Juvenile fiction
- Arthur, King—Fiction
- War stories
- Knights and knighthood—Juvenile fiction
- Novels in verse
- Coming of age—Fiction
- Knights and knighthood—Fiction
- Historical fiction
- Great Britain—History—Anglo-Saxon period, 449-1066—Juvenile fiction
- Great Britain—History—Anglo-Saxon period, 449-1066—Fiction
- 9780439918480 (hc.)
9781428746596 (BWI bdg.)
1428746595 (BWI bdg.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (page ).
- Action Note:
- committed to retain 20170930 20430101 HathiTrust https://www.hathitrust.org/shared_print_program
View MARC record | catkey: 3828144