Designing the nation's capital : the 1901 plan for Washington, D.C. / Sue Kohler and Pamela Scott, editors
- Additional Titles:
- 1901 plan for Washington, D.C.
- Washington, D.C. : U.S. Commission of Fine Arts, 2006.
Washington, D.C. : For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. G.P.O.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 359 pages : illustrations (some color), maps ; 26 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Kohler, Sue A.
Scott, Pamela, 1944-
United States. Commission of Fine Arts
Full Text available online
- The Senate Park Commission plan for Washington, D.C. : a new vision for the capital and the nation / Jon A. Peterson -- The American Institute of Architects convention of 1900 : its influence on the Senate Park Commission plan / Tony P. Wrenn -- "A city designed as a work of art" : the emergence of the Senate Park Commission's monumental core / Pamela Scott -- Beyond the mall : the Senate Park Commission's plans for Washington's park system / Timothy Davis -- Plates -- Agriculture, architects, and the mall, 1901-1905 : the plan is tested / Dana G. Dalrymple -- The commission of fine arts : implementing the Senate Park Commission's vision / Sue Kohler -- "Beloved ancien" : William T. Partridge's recollections of the Senate Park Commission and the subsequent mall development / Kurt G.F. Helfrich.
- Shipping list no.: 2007-0014-S.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 326-335).
View MARC record | catkey: 3828346