Louis Armstrong at Town Hall [sound recording] : "The complete Town Hall concert" - 17 May 1947
- Armstrong, Louis, 1901-1971
- Paris : RCA Jazz Tribune, p1983.
- Physical Description:
- 2 sound discs (80 min.) : analog, 33 1/3 rpm. ; 12 in.
- Black and White series
- Introduction -- Cornet shop suey -- Our monday date -- Dear old southland -- Big butter and egg man -- Tiger rag -- Struttin' with some barbecue -- Sweethearts on parade -- Saint Louis blues -- Pennies from heaven -- On the sunny side of the street -- I can't give you anything but love -- Back o' town blues -- Ain't misbehavin' -- Rockin' chair -- Muskrat ramble -- Save it pretty mama -- Saint James infirmary -- Royal garden blues -- Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans -- Jack Armstrong blues.
- Program notes in French and English on container.
The Wayne "Fuzzy" and Ann W. Lehman Collection.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Louis Armstrong, trumpet, vocals ; Richard "Dick" Cary, piano ; Bob Haggart, bass ; Sidney "Big Sid" Catlett, drums ; Robert L. "Bobby" Hackett, trumpet ; Jack Teagarden, trombone, vocals ; Michael A. "Peanuts" Hucko, clarinet, tenor saxophone ; George Wettling, drums.
- Data/Place of Event:
- All selections were recorded on May 17, 1947, during the Town Hall Concert (New York City).
View MARC record | catkey: 3829181