Lincoln revisited : new insights from the Lincoln Forum / edited by John Y. Simon, Harold Holzer, and Dawn Vogel
- Additional Titles:
- At head of title: Lincoln Forum
- New York : Fordham University Press, 2007.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 369 pages : illustrations, portraits ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Simon, John Y., Holzer, Harold, Vogel, Dawn, and Lincoln Forum
Full Text available online
- Lincoln's political faith in the Peoria address / Joseph R. Fornieri -- Lincoln's political religion and religious politics / Lucas E. Morel -- Lincoln, Douglas, and popular sovereignty : the Mormon dimension / John Y. Simon -- The campaign of 1860 : Cooper Union, Mathew Brady, and the campaign of words and images / Harold Holzer -- "I see the president" : Abraham Lincoln and the Soldiers' Home / Matthew Pinsker -- Varieties of religious experience : Abraham and Mary Lincoln / Jean Baker -- The poet and the president : Abraham Lincoln and Walt Whitman / Daniel Mark Epstein -- 1862--a year of decision for President Lincoln and General Halleck / John F. Marszalek -- "I felt it to be my duty to refuse" : the president and the slave trader / William Lee Miller -- Abraham Lincoln and Ulysses S. Grant / Jean Edward Smith -- Motivating men : Lincoln, Grant, MacArthur, and Kennedy / Geoffrey Perret -- Lincoln and his admirals / Craig L. Symonds -- After emancipation : Abraham Lincoln's black dream / Michael Vorenberg -- The second inaugural address : the spoken words / Ronald C. White, Jr. -- Abraham Lincoln and civil liberties : then and now / Frank J. Williams -- After Lincoln's reelection : foreign complications / William C. Harris -- Henry Adams on Lincoln / Garry Wills -- Lincoln's assassination and John Wilkes Booth's Confederate connection / Edward Steers, Jr.
- 9780823227365 (cloth : alk. paper) and 0823227367 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Essays originally delivered as Lincoln Forum lectures between 2003 and 2005.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -364).
- Source of Acquisition:
- Harrisburg copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 20067.
View MARC record | catkey: 3829523