I, Claudius [videorecording] / A BBC production in association with London Film Productions, Ltd. ; produced by Martin Lisemore ; directed by Herbert Wise ; written by Jack Pulman
- Uniform Title:
- I, Claudius (Television program)
- Beverly Hills, CA : 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment, 2000.
Chatsworth, CA : Distributed by Image Entertainment
- Physical Description:
- 5 videodiscs (approximately 669 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Lisemore, Martin, Pulman, Jack, Wise, Herbert, Jacobi, Derek, Phillips, Siân, 1933-, Hurt, John, 1940-2017, Tyzack, Margaret, 1931-2011, Baker, George, 1931-2011, Blessed, Brian, Stewart, Patrick, 1940-, Johns, Stratford, White, Sheila, 1948-2018, Graves, Robert, 1895-1985, British Broadcasting Corporation. Television Service, WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.), London Film Productions, Image Entertainment (Firm), and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Inc
- Disc 1. (episodes 1-3) A touch of murder ; Family affairs ; Waiting in the wings -- disc 2. (episodes 4-6) What shall we do about Claudius? ; Poison is queen ; Some justice -- disc 3. (episodes 7-9) Queen of heaven ; Reign of terror ; Zeus, by Jove! -- disc 4. (episodes 10-12) Hail who? ; Fool's luck ; A god in Colchester. -- disc 5. (episode 13 & bonus documentary) Old king log ; The epic that never was.
- A dramatization of Robert Graves' version of the times of the Roman Empire from Augustus to Claudius told through the dying Claudius as he sets down the history of his family.
- Related Titles:
- Touch of murder
Waiting in the wings
What shall we do about Claudius?
Poison is queen
Queen of heaven
Reign of terror
Zeus, by Jove!
Epic that never was
God in Colchester
Old king log
- Based on the novels I, Claudius and Claudius the God by Robert Graves.
Disc 5 includes a 1965 documentary that reveals the behind the scenes of Alexander Korda's 1937 unfinished film of I, Claudius, The Epic that never was / British Broadcasting Corporation ; writer-producer, Bill Duncalf.
Videodisc release of 1976 BBC Television series originally shown in 13 parts from November 6, 1977 through January 29, 1978.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Derek Jacobi (Claudius), Sian Phillips (Livia), Brian Blessed (Augustus), Margaret Tyzack (Antonia), John Hurt (Caligula), George Baker (Tiberius), Patrick Stewart (Sejanus), Stratford Johns (Piso), Sheila White (Messalina), Ian Ogilvy, Frances White, Kevin McNally, Patricia Quinn, David Robb, Fiona Walker, John Castle, James Faulkner, John Rhys-Davies, Beth Morris, Bernard Hepton, John Cater, Christopher Biggins.
- Technical Details:
- Source of Acquisition:
- Wilkes-Barre copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 20078.
- Endowment Note:
- Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries)
View MARC record | catkey: 3829569