Hegel and the arts / edited by Stephen Houlgate
- Evanston, Ill. : Northwestern University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xxviii, 352 pages ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Houlgate, Stephen
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Topics in historical philosophy
- Introduction : an overview of Hegel's aesthetics -- Symbolic, classical, and romantic art / Terry Pinkard -- Hegel's architecture / David Kolb -- Hegel on the beauty of sculpture / Stephen Houlgate -- Carnation and the eccentricity of painting / John Sallis -- Hegel on music / Richard Eldridge -- Hegel's theory of tragedy / Stephen Houlgate -- Art and history : Hegel on the end, the beginning, and the future of art / Martin Donougho -- Freedom from nature? Post-Hegelian reflections on the end(s) of art / J.M. Bernstein -- What was abstract art? (from the point of view of Hegel) / Robert B. Pippin -- Art, religion, and the modernity of Hegel / John Walker -- The "religion of art" / Rüdiger Bubner -- Hegel and German romanticism / Judith Norman.
- 0810123614 (cloth : alk. paper), 9780810123618 (cloth : alk. paper), 0810123622 (pbk. : alk. paper), and 9780810123625 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3830857