Caste-based reservations and human development in India / K.S. Chalam
- Chalam, K. S. (Kurmana Simha), 1948-
- Los Angeles : Sage Publications, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 210 pages ; 18 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Introduction -- Caste and economic inequalities in India -- Social linkages of artisans with technology and development -- The socially and educationally backward castes vs economically-backward class -- Untouchability and poverty among Dalits -- Caste reservations to remedy socio-economic inequalities -- Human development through caste reservations : a study -- Dalit development in Andhra Pradesh : a case study of the impact of reservations on development -- The alternative : replace caste-based reservation with democratic reservation.
- 9780761935810 (pbk.) and 0761935819 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -198) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3831016