Making the world over [electronic resource] : confronting racism, misogyny, and xenophobia in U.S. history / R. Marie Griffith
- Griffith, R. Marie (Ruth Marie), 1967-
- Additional Titles:
- Confronting racism, misogyny, and xenophobia in U.S. history
- Charlottesville : University of Virginia Press, 2021.
- Physical Description:
- 194 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Truth: Legacies of Slavery and How to Tell History -- Empathy: Aliens, Immigrants, and Strangers in U.S. Policy -- Courage: Ghosts of Coverture and the Persistence of Misogyny -- Conversation: Abortion and Religious Liberty -- Conclusion: Small Promptings for Making the World Over.
- "Making the World Over examines the histories behind the issues at the root of our nation's conflicts both past and present, from race and immigration to misogyny and reproductive rights, in an attempt to encourage constructive dialogue"--
- 9780813946344 (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 38346388