Seizing power [electronic resource] : the grab for global oil wealth / Robert Slater
- Slater, Robert, 1943-
- New York : Bloomberg Press, c2010.
- Physical Description:
- p. cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Edging toward violence and chaos -- Two African oil nations: a study in contrasts -- China invades Africa -- Power in the desert: the Gulf and the Middle East -- Testing the oil system: the war, the embargo, and spare capacity -- The history of oil and the American dream -- Ethics and oil -- Hedging: insurance or speculation? -- How much oil is left and how willing is the United States to drill for it? -- Oil for the lamps of China-- and India -- Power shift -- Russia: Putin's war against the oligarchs -- Iran: arrogance as an oil strategy -- Venezuela: the world according to Chavez -- Brazil and Petrobras: a national oil company in a better world -- After the power shift: where will it all lead?
- "Seizing Power is the story of a power shift in the business that produces, refines, transports, and trades the world's most important commodity: oil. This book focuses on the stability and predictability of oil, the supply, demand, and price, and the current and future oil powers"--Provided by publisher.
- 9781576602478 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 38350280