Geology of siliciclastic shelf seas [electronic resource] / edited by M. De Batist & P. Jacobs
- London : Geological Society, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (viii, 345 pages) : illustrations(some color), maps
- Additional Creators:
- De Batist, M., Jacobs, P. (Patric), 1946-, and Geological Society of London
- Enormous progress has been made in our understanding of the geology, geophysics and sedimentology of continental shelves, largely due to the development and application of new concepts such as sequence stratigraphy and of new and powerful investigation techniques. The papers in this volume illustrate this progress. They are organised around four major themes: stratigraphy and sedimentary geology of siliciclastic shelves; modern siliciclastic shelves: architecture, sea level, tectonics and sediment supply; nearshore and coastal environments; new techniques in continental shelf research.
- 9781786200907 (ebook)
- Conference proceedings.
Previously issued in print: 1996.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 38355207