Tectonics of the Deccan Large Igneous Province / edited by S. Mukherjee, A.A. Misra, G. Calvès, and M. Nemčok
- London : The Geological Society of London, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (363 pages) : illustrations (black and white, and colour), maps (black and white, and colour).
- Additional Creators:
- Mukherjee, Soumyajit, Misra, A. A. (Achyuta Ayan), Calvès, G. (Gérôme), Nemčok, Michal, and Geological Society of London
- Understanding the Deccan Trap Large Igneous Province in western India is important for deciphering the India-Seychelles rifting mechanism. This book presents 13 studies that address the development of this province from diverse perspectives including field structural geology, geochemistry, analytical modelling, geomorphology and geophysics (e.g., palaeomagnetism, gravity and magnetic anomalies, and seismic imaging). Together, these papers indicate that the tectonics of Deccan is much more complicated than previously thought.
- 9781786203298 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 38355535