Healthcare of the future [electronic resource] : bridging the information gap : 5 April 2019, Biel/Bienne, Switzerland / edited by Thomas Bürkle, Michael Lehmann, Kerstin Denecke, Murat Sariyar, Serge Bignens, Erwin Zetz and Jürgen Holm
- Conference Author:
- Healthcare of the Future (2019 : Biel, Bern, Switzerland) author
- Amsterdam : IOS Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 119 pages : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Bürkle, Thomas
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- This book presents papers from the conference Healthcare of the Future, held in Biel/Bienne, Switzerland, on 5 April 2019. The conference reflects some of the results of a two year multi-stakeholder Swiss research program in medical informatics. The research program, which began in 2016, saw 25 stakeholders cooperating for an integrated cross-sectoral treatment pathway with the goal of avoiding communication gaps and information loss among the different participants within the treatment process. The principal goals were to improve and accelerate healthcare processes and empower the patient to play an active and decisive role within their own care process. The project highlighted interaction between caregivers, patients and healthcare institutions based on modern information technology. Topics covered are divided into 4 sections: workflows in healthcare; how does eHealth change the care process; knowledge-based IT support; and eHealth and the informed patient, and the book also includes the keynote conference speech on improving the hospital-patient relationship with digital communication. The book will be of interest to all those involved in healthcare whose aim is to improve and accelerate healthcare processes and empower patients to play a more active and decisive role in their own care.
- 9781614999607 (print)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 38375069