- The Reactor Cooling System (RCS) will provide the required cooling during test operations of the Safety Research Experiment Facility (SAREF) reactor. The RCS transfers the reactor energy generated in the core to a closed-loop water storage system located completely inside the reactor containment building. After the reactor core has cooled to a safe level, the stored heat is rejected through intermediate heat exchangers to a common forced-draft evaporative cooling tower. The RCS is comprised of three independent cooling loops of which any two can remove sufficient heat from the core to prevent structural damage to the system components.
- Report Numbers:
- Other Subject(s):
- 21 SPECIFIC NUCLEAR REACTORS AND ASSOCIATED PLANTS
- 220600* - Nuclear Reactor Technology- Research, Test & Experimental Reactors
- COOLING SYSTEMS
- EPITHERMAL REACTORS
- EXPERIMENTAL REACTORS
- FAST REACTORS
- REACTOR COMPONENTS
- REACTOR COOLING SYSTEMS
- RESEARCH AND TEST REACTORS
- SAREF REACTOR
- ZERO POWER REACTORS
- U.S. Atomic Energy Commission depository collection.
- DOE contract number: W-31-109-ENG-38
OSTI Identifier 5232866
Research organization: Argonne National Lab., Ill. (USA).
View MARC record | catkey: 38379737