Making Islam democratic : social movements and the post-Islamist turn / Asef Bayat
- Bayat, Asef
- Stanford, Calif. : Stanford University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 291 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Islam and democracy : the perverse charm of an irrelevant question -- Revolution without movement, movement without revolution : Islamist activism in Iran and Egypt, 1960s-1980s -- The making of a post-Islamist movement : social movements and sociopolitical change in Iran, 1979-1997 -- Post-Islamism in power : dilemmas of the Reform Project, 1997-2004 -- Egypt's "passive revolution" : the state and the fragmentations of Islamism, 1992-2005 -- The politics of presence : imagining a post-Islamist democracy.
- 9780804755948 (cloth : alk. paper)
0804755949 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780804755955 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0804755957 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 255-273) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3861591