Local Governance in Cape Verde [electronic resource] : 1970 - 2020 / edited by Carlos Nunes Silva
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2022.
- 1st ed. 2022.
- Physical Description:
- XXIII, 394 p. 1 illus. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Nunes Silva, Carlos and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Chapter 1. Introduction -- Chapter 2. Urban Development in Cape Verde between 1970 and 2020 -- Chapter 3. Local Government in Cape Verde 1970-2020 -- Chapter 4. Spatial Planning and Socio-Spatial Cohesion in Cape Verde -- Chapter 5. Unification of the Land Cadastre with the Land Registry in Cape Verde: Challenges and Opportunities for Local and Urban Governance -- Chapter 6. Genesis and Urban Evolution of Cidade da Praia - Cape Verde -- Chapter 7. Urban Planning in the Municipality of Praia 1970 -2020 -- Chapter 8. Urban Heritage in Ribeira Grande de Santiago - Cape Verde: Constraints, Opportunities and Challenges for Urban Governance -- Chapter 9. Housing Policies in Cape Verde, 1970 - 2020: Challenges and Opportunities for Urban Governance -- Chapter 10. Cidade da Praia, Floods and Inundations: Problems and Challenges for Urban Governance- Chapter 11. Cidade da Praia: Natural Risks and Spatial Planning.
- The book provides a pioneering overview of the evolution of the local government and urban policy in Cape Verde after independence, offering a multi-scale perspective of local governance in Cape Verde from 1970 - 2020. It examines the process of urban development in the country, and in the capital city in particular, and explores the consequences and challenges for spatial planning, housing, urban heritage, and the environment, namely issues related to climate change in the post-independence period.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer Nature eBook
View MARC record | catkey: 38680926