Engineered Biochar [electronic resource] : Fundamentals, Preparation, Characterization and Applications / edited by Sudipta Ramola, Dinesh Mohan, Ondrej Masek, Ana Méndez, Toshiki Tsubota
- Singapore : Springer Nature Singapore : Imprint: Springer, 2022.
- 1st ed. 2022.
- Physical Description:
- VII, 381 p. 36 illus., 23 illus. in color. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Ramola, Sudipta, Mohan, Dinesh, Masek, Ondrej, Méndez, Ana, Tsubota, Toshiki, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Pristine biochar and engineered biochar -- Waste to wealth: types of raw materials for preparation of biochar and their characteristics -- Biochar preparation by different thermo-chemical conversion processes -- Physical treatment for biochar modification -- Chemical treatment for biochar modification -- Biological treatment for biochar modification -- New trends in pyrolysis methods -- Characterization of engineered biochar -- Engineered biochar in electrochemistry: fuel cells and batteries -- Engineered biochar as adsorbent for removal of heavy metals from aqueous and soil medium -- Engineered biochar as adsorbent for removal of emerging contaminants from aqueous and soil medium -- Engineered biochar as soil fertilizer -- Engineered biochar as growing media component -- Engineered biochar as sink for soil carbon sequestration -- Engineered biochar as gas adsorbent -- Engineered biochar as host for soil microbiota -- Engineered biochar as supercapacitors -- Engineered biochar as catalyst -- Engineered biochar as construction material -- Engineered biochar as feed supplement and other husbandry applications.
- This book systematically covers the fundamentals and applications of modified biochar. The 19 chapters are divided into 3 sections that provide a holistic overview for researchers from all related fields. Section 1 and 2 present the pyrolysis process, including the advantages and limitations of the physical, chemical, and biological modification methods and characterization of modified biochar. Section 3 highlights the wide spectrum of applications of modified biochar in fuel cells and batteries, remediation of organic and inorganic contaminants from soil and water and soil fertilization. Given its scope, the book appeals to a broad readership in various fields of chemical engineering, materials science, and environmental science.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer Nature eBook
View MARC record | catkey: 38681370