Determination of low-level mercury by cold vapor generation and atomic absorption spectroscopy
- King, A. D.
- United States : [publisher not identified], 1977.
[Oak Ridge, Tennessee] : [U.S. Atomic Energy Commission], 1977.
- Physical Description:
- microfiche : negative ; 11 x 15 cm
- A procedure for determining mercury in liquid samples by cold vapor flameless atomic absorption spectroscopy was developed. The optimum parameter values were determined and mercury standard storage conditions investigated. The effect and tolerance levels of twenty-seven ions, including those ions common to Tank Farm Operations and the Synthetic Wastes, were measured. Standard deviation for the procedure is less than 1%. The procedure can be used to determine mercury at the part per billion level in any liquid sample, a thousand-fold increase in sensitivity over current flame techniques.
- Report Numbers:
- Other Subject(s):
- U.S. Atomic Energy Commission depository collection.
- DOE contract number: EY-76-C-06-2130
OSTI Identifier 5093846
Research organization: Atlantic Richfield Hanford Co., Richland, Wash. (USA).
View MARC record | catkey: 38685988