- Opposing viewpoints series
- What is technology's impact on society? The benefits of technology are increasing / Jimmy Guterman ; The benefits of technology are diminishing / David Cox ; The Internet connects people / Jeffrey Boase et al. ; The Internet isolates people / Brent Staples ; Robots are replacing people / Marshall Brain ; Robots are not replacing people / Doug Saunders-- What impact does technology have on education? Technology is hurting education / Clifford Stoll ; Technology needs to be emphasized in education / Mortimer B. Zuckerman ; There is a digital divide / Andy Carvin ; There is no digital divide / Ejovi Nuwere ; Children are technologically skilled / Susan Smith Nash ; Children need imaginative play / David Sobel-- Should the government regulate technology? The government should support Internet neutrality / The New Republic ; The government should oppose Internet neutrality / The Wall Street Journal ; The government should regulate nanotechnology more strictly / J. Clarence Davies ; The government should not regulate nanotechnology more strictly / Sonia Arrison ; The government should ban therapeutic cloning / Leon R. Kass ; The government should not ban therapeutic cloning / Michael Gazzaniga-- Will future technology improve humanity? The genetic enhancement of children should be tolerated / David Merriman ; The genetic enhancement of children should be opposed / Bill McKibbon ; Future technology will benignly alter human existence ; Future technology could threaten human existence / Bill Joy.
- 9780737733600 (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Social Sciences copy: Purchased with funds from the Renee Cohen Friedman and Robert S. Friedman Libraries Endowment; 20078.
View MARC record | catkey: 3868845