Edie & Thea : a very long engagement / a film by Susan Muska & Gréta Ólafsdóttir ; produced by Bless Bless Productions ; in association with Sundance Channel ; a co-production with Graphic Pictures
- Additional Titles:
- Edie and Thea
- Philadelphia, PA : Breaking Glass Pictures, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (61 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Muska, Susan, 1958-, Olafsdottir, Greta, 1957-, Windsor, Edie, Spyer, Thea, and Bless Bless Productions
- Language Note:
- In English.
- In the closeted 1960's, two young women met and fell in love and so began the extraordinary tale of Edie and Thea, whose engagement to each other would span more than forty years Directors Susan Muska and Gréta Ólafsdóttir The Brandon Teena Story present a lovingly crafted documentary in which Edia and Thea recount how their improbable romance ignited a lifelong journey around the world and through history. Though touched by events like the civil rights movement and the Stonewall riots, Edie and Thea's relationship transcends politics and is a shining example of love's ability to endure. Ultimately, in their 70s, with Thea's health in rapid decline, the two seize the opportunity to fulfill their dream of getting married. The film captures their inspiring journey to Toronto and Thea's last trip on a plane where the lovers are finally able to make their vows. Told with candor, wit, and great affection, Edie & Thea: A Very Long Engagement is an American love story for the ages.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed September 19, 2016).
- Nominated 2011, GLAAD Media Award, Outstanding Documentary
View MARC record | catkey: 38974045