Peru / by Michael Burgan
- Burgan, Michael
- [New York] : Children's Press, an Imprint of Scholastic, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- 144 pages : illustrations (chiefly color), maps ; 25 cm.
- An ancient and diverse land -- A land of contrasts -- An amazing range of wildlife -- Empires and independence -- Serving the people -- Peru at work -- People of many backgrounds -- Spiritual life -- Arts and entertainment -- Different ways of living.
- "Just slightly smaller than the state of Alaska, Peru is home to ocean beaches, snow-capped mountains, humid jungles, dry deserts, and more. Readers will cross the country's incredible landscapes and visit its towns and cities as they learn how Peruvians live today. They will also explore Peru's fascinating history, learn how it is governed and how its economy works, and much more"--Publisher's website.
- 9780531235911 (library binding)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 38975186