America, sea power, and the world [electronic resource] / edited by James C. Bradford
- Chichester, UK ; Malden, MA : John Wiley & Sons, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Bradford, James C.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Sea power and the modern state system -- The American War for Independence at sea -- Genesis of the U.S. Navy, 1785-1806 -- The Naval War of 1812 : independence confirmed, 1807-1815 -- The squadron navy : agent of a commercial empire, 1815-1890 -- Technological revolution at sea -- The Civil War : blockade and counter-blockade -- The Civil War on rivers and coastal waters -- The new navy, 1865-1895 -- War with Spain and the revolution in naval affairs, 1895-1910 -- Defending imperial interests in Asia and the Caribbean, 1898-1941 -- Naval rivalry and World War I at sea, 1900-1920 -- Finding certainty in uncertain times : the navy in the interwar years -- World War II in the Atlantic and Mediterranean -- Defense in the Pacific, 1937-1943 -- Offensive in the Pacific, 1943-1944 -- The victory of sea power in the Pacific -- The uneasy transition, 1945-1953 -- Cold War challenges, 1953-1963 -- The test of Vietnam -- Twilight of the Cold War : contraction, reform and revival -- Contours of conflict : worldwide war on terrorism, 1990-2014 -- "Quo vadis".
- 9781118927946 (Adobe PDF)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 38984811