Follies in America [electronic resource] : a history of garden and park architecture / Kerry Dean Carso
- Carso, Kerry Dean
- Ithaca [New York] : Cornell University Press, 2021.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The English Landscape Garden in America -- Temples : Neoclassicism and the Nation -- Summerhouses : Nature Meets Culture -- Towers : The Belvedere and the Panoptic Sublime -- Ruins : The Nineteenth-Century Delight in Decay.
- "This book examines historicized buildings known as "follies," including temples, summerhouses, towers, and ruins, from the nation's founding through the American centennial celebration in 1876"--
- 9781501755958 (epub)
9781501755941 (adobe pdf)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 38995822