Soviet nightingales [electronic resource] : care under communism / Susan Grant
- Grant, Susan, 1982-
- Ithaca ; London : Cornell University Press, 2022.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- War and revolution -- Creating order out of chaos -- Black star, red star: finding the Soviet way -- Proletarian paradise: medical workers rise up -- Stalinist care: cadres decide everything -- Fortresses of sanitary defense: preparing for war -- A decade of war and reconstruction -- Caring for the mind -- Communist morality, activism, and ethics.
- "Examines the role nurses and orderlies played in psychiatric care post-WWII and analyzes relationships and power dynamics between medical workers. Engages with key issues affecting medical workers and broader social and political events, including the role of nurses as moral ambassadors in the 1960s and the importance of ethics and deontology in nursing in the 1970s and 1980s."--
- 9781501762611 (epub)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
View MARC record | catkey: 39014765