Challenging welfare issues in the global countryside / edited by George Giacinto Giarchi
- Malden, MA ; Oxford : Blackwell Pub., 2007.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 166 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Giarchi, George Giacinto, 1930-
- Broadening perspectives on social policy
- Redefining the 'rural question' : the new 'politics of the rural' and social policy / Michael Woods -- Rural movements in Europe : Scandinavia and the accession states / Vanessa Halhead -- Market-based governance and the challenge for rural governments : US trends / Mildred E. Warner -- Between decentralized planning and neo-liberalism : challenges for the survival of the indigenous people of Kerala, India / Darley Jose Kjosavik and Nadarajah Shanmugaratnam -- Child health in rural Mexico : has progress reduced children's morbidity risks? -- Maria C. Huerta -- Rurality and social inclusion : a case of preschool education / Mark Shucksmith, Janet Shucksmith and Joyce Watt -- Jobs in the bush : global industries and inclusive rural development / Robyn Eversole and John Martin -- Older people 'on the edge' in the countrysides of Europe / George Giacinto Giarchi -- Spinning the rural agenda : the countryside alliance, fox hunting and social policy / Alison Anderson.
- 9781405162418 (alk. paper)
1405162414 (alk. paper)
- Related Titles:
- Social policy & administration
- "First published as Volume 40, No. 6 of Social Policy and Administration."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3901591