Teaching psychiatry [electronic resource] : putting theory into practice / [edited by] Linda Gask, Bulent Coskun, David Baron
- Chichester, West Sussex, UK : John Wiley & Sons, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- p. ; cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Gask, Linda, Coskun, Bulent, and Baron, David A.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Overview : the need for improvements in psychiatric education / Linda Gask, David Baron, and Bulent Coskun -- Recruitment of psychiatrists : the key role of education / Cyril Heschl and Jon van Niekerk -- Ethical issues in teaching psychiatry / Driss Moussaoui -- Developing a medical student curriculum in psychiatry / Nisha Dogra, Cyril Heschl, and Driss Moussaoui -- Teaching behavioural sciences / Bulent Coskun -- Problem-based learning and psychiatric education / Raja Vellingiri Badrakalimuthu ... [et al.] -- Psychiatric residency curriculum : development and evaluation / Amanda B. Mackey and Allan Tasman -- Acquisition of psychiatric interviewing skills / Linda Gask -- Teaching psychotherapy in the classroom and in supervision / Glen O. Gabbard -- Teaching psychotherapy : case discussion groups / Mark Oliver Evans -- Teaching research methods : 'doing your own research?' / David Goldberg -- Teaching psychiatry students about cultural diversity / Nisha Dogra and Niranjan Karnik -- Teaching psychiatry in primary care / Linda Gask, Bulent Coskun, and Rodolfo Fahrer -- The standardized patient / Michael Curtis and David Baron -- Patients as teachers : involving service users / Rex Haigh and Kath Lovell -- Technology for psychiatric educators / Sheldon Benjamin and Maria Margariti -- Assessment in psychiatric education / Brian Lunn, Maria R. Corral, and Adriana Mihai -- The support and welfare of the student / Michael F. Myers -- Psychiatrist educators / David Baron and Bulent Coskun.
- 9780470683217 (cloth)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 39016156