PATHOPHYSIOLOGICAL ASPET OF THE PROBLEM OF PATHOGENESIS OF THE ACUTE RADIATION DISEASE
- Gorizontov, P. D.
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 1959.
[Oak Ridge, Tennessee] : [U.S. Atomic Energy Commission], 1959.
- Physical Description:
- microopaque : positive ; 8 x 13 cm cm
- A comprehensive review is presented of the clinical picture and various syndromes associated in radiation sickness. It is emphasized that as yet no all embracing theory of the pathogenesis of radiation sickness can be formulated. A review of available data leads to the conclusion that ionizing radiation produces direct changes in the tissues, disorders of neuro-endocrine regulation, and a modification of the reactivity of the organism. The damaging action of ionizing radiation is thus revealed by a number of pathogenic mechanisms. This is demonstrated by the fact that the causes of death from radiation injuries may vary with the conditions of irradiation, the period of the development of the disease, and the individual reactivity of the organism. 203 references. (C.H.)
- Report Numbers:
- Other Subject(s):
- U.S. Atomic Energy Commission depository collection.
- NSA number: NSA-13-006315
OSTI Identifier 4265338
Research organization: U.S.S.R.
View MARC record | catkey: 39305151