Fluid flow measurement : a practical guide to accurate flow measurement / E.L. Upp, Paul J. LaNasa
- Upp, E. L. (Edmund Loy), 1927-2007
- Boston : Gulf Professional Pub., 
- Copyright Date:
- 2nd ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (x, 264 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- LaNasa, Paul J., 1941-
- Language Note:
- Restrictions on Access:
- Restrictions unspecified
Legal Deposit; Only available on premises controlled by the deposit library and to one user at any one time; The Legal Deposit Libraries (Non-Print Works) Regulations (UK).
- Introduction -- Basic flow measurement laws -- Types of fluid flow measurement -- Basic reference standards -- From theory to practice -- Fluids -- Flow -- Operations -- Maintenance of meter equipment -- Measurement and meters -- Differential (head) meters -- Linear and special meters -- Readouts and related devices -- Proving systems -- "Loss and unaccounted for" fluids -- Auditing.
- There is a tendency to make flow measurement a highly theoretical and technical subject but what most influences quality measurement is the practical application of meters, metering principles, and metering equipment and the use of quality equipment that can continue to function through the years with proper maintenance have the most influence in obtaining quality measurement. This guide provides a review of basic laws and principles, an overview of physical characteristics and behavior of gases and liquids, and a look at the dynamics of flow. The authors examine applications of specific met.
- 9780080506609 (electronic bk.)
0080506607 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. [Place of publication not identified] : HathiTrust Digital Library, 2010.
- Technical Details:
- Master and use copy. Digital master created according to Benchmark for Faithful Digital Reproductions of Monographs and Serials, Version 1. Digital Library Federation, December 2002. http://purl.oclc.org/DLF/benchrepro0212
- Restricted: Printing from this resource is governed by The Legal Deposit Libraries (Non-Print Works) Regulations (UK) and UK copyright law currently in force.
- Action Note:
- digitized 2010 HathiTrust Digital Library committed to preserve
View MARC record | catkey: 39311997