The chemistry of polymers / John W. Nicholson
- Nicholson, John W.
- Cambridge : Royal Society of Chemistry, 
- Copyright Date:
- 3rd ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xi, 177 pages) : illustrations
- Restrictions on Access:
- Restrictions unspecified
Legal Deposit; Only available on premises controlled by the deposit library and to one user at any one time; The Legal Deposit Libraries (Non-Print Works) Regulations (UK).
- Polymer chemistry -- Polymerisation reactions -- Polymer structure -- Crosslinking -- Polymer solutions -- Methods of determining relative molar mass -- Mechanical properties of polymers -- Polymer degradation -- Dendrimers -- Special topics in polymer chemistry -- Polymers and the environment.
- This product is not available separately, it is only sold as part of a set. There are 750 products in the set and these are all sold as one entity. The Chemistry of Polymers, Third edition, is a well established and highly readable introductory text book on polymer science, ideal for chemists requiring a broad introduction to the subject. Like its predecessors it has been written primarily from an applications point of view, emphasising practical applications and providing a comprehensive introduction on all aspects of polymer science including polymer synthesis, characterisation, reaction kinetics and materials science. Specialised topics such as polymer degradation, polymers and pollution and a variety of technological developments are also discussed in an informative and up-to-date manner. This third edition of the book has been extensively revised to include the latest developments in polymer science. Highlights and updates include a new chapter on dendrimers - a field of chemistry that has grown enormously in the last ten years. Coverage of 'Special topics in polymer chemistry' and 'Polymers in the environment' have both been updated to reflect recent developments in the field, including polymer recycling. This text is essential reading for university students, teachers and scientists who wish to acquire an up-to-the-minute overview of polymer science and its many specialised topics in an informative and easy to read style.
- 9781847552655 (electronic bk.)
184755265X (electronic bk.)
9781628701388 (electronic bk.)
1628701382 (electronic bk.)
- Previous edition: 1997.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 170-171) and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. [Place of publication not identified] : HathiTrust Digital Library, 2010.
- Technical Details:
- Master and use copy. Digital master created according to Benchmark for Faithful Digital Reproductions of Monographs and Serials, Version 1. Digital Library Federation, December 2002. http://purl.oclc.org/DLF/benchrepro0212
- Restricted: Printing from this resource is governed by The Legal Deposit Libraries (Non-Print Works) Regulations (UK) and UK copyright law currently in force.
- Action Note:
- digitized 2010 HathiTrust Digital Library committed to preserve
View MARC record | catkey: 39312069