Emulsions and oil treating equipment : selection, sizing and troubleshooting / Maurice Stewart, Ken Arnold
- Stewart, Maurice
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Gulf Professional Pub./Elsevier, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (vi, 290 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Arnold, Ken, 1942-
- Language Note:
- Front Cover; Emulsions and Oil Treating Equipment Selection, Sizing and Troubleshooting; Copyright Page; Contents; A Note from the Authors; About the Book; Chapter 1: Crude Oil Treating Systems; 1.1 Introduction; 1.3 Emulsion Treating Theory; 1.6 Design Procedure; Chapter 2: Crude Stabilization; 2.1 Introduction; 2.3 Equipment Description; 2.4 Design Procedure; References; Chapter 3: Produced Water Treating Systems; 3.1 Introduction; 3.7 Information Required for Design; 3.8 Equipment Selection Procedure; 3.9 Equipment Specification; References; Chapter 4: Water Injection Systems and 4.1 Introduction4.2 Solids Removal Theory; 4.4 Removal Ratings; 4.5 Choosing the Proper Filter; 4.6 Measuring Water Compatibility; 4.7 Solids Removal Equipment Description; Appendix A: Definition of Key Water Treating Terms; A.1 Introduction; A.3 Regulatory Definitions; A.4 Oil Removal Efficiency; A.6 Dispersed Oil; A.8 Dissolved Solids; A.9 Suspended Solids; Appendix B: Water Sampling Techniques; B.1 Sampling Considerations; B.4 Sample Gathering for Particle Size Analysis; Appendix C: Oil Concentration Analysis Techniques; C.1 Introduction; C.2 Determination of Dissolved Oil and Grease
- The problem of removing water which is emulsified with produced oil has grown more widespread and often times more difficult as producers attempt to access more difficult reserves. This practical guide is designed to help engineers and operators develop a ""feel"" for selection, sizing, and troubleshooting emulsion equipment. These skills are of vital importance to ensure low operating costs and to meet crude export quality specifications. The book is written for engineers and operators, who need advanced knowledge of the numerous techniques and the equipment used to destabilize and resolve pe.
- 9780080559025 (electronic bk.)
0080559026 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 39312591