Basics of metal mining influenced water / edited by Virginia T. McLemore
- Littleton, Colo. : Society for Mining, Metallurgy, and Exploration, ©2008.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (viii, 103 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- McLemore, Virginia T. and Society for Mining, Metallurgy, and Exploration (U.S.)
- Cover; Title; Copyright; Contents; Editorial Board and Contributors; Preface; Introduction; Characteristics of Mining and MIW; Types of Metal Mining and Extractive Metallurgical Processes; Phases of Mining; Factors that Control Environmental Impacts from Metal Mining and Metallurgical Materials; Potential Impacts of MIW on the Environment; Appendix; Glossary and Abbreviations; References; Index
- Basics of Metal Mining Influenced Water is a must read for planners, regulators, consultants, land managers, students, researchers, or others concerned about the environmentally sound management of metal mine wastes and drainage quality. The first of a series of six handbooks on technologies for managing metal mine and metallurgical process draining, this book offers a unique, comprehensive perspective on the subject. Unlike other texts that focus primarily on acid drainage from coal mines, the authors examine both acidic and neutral pH waters that can be hazardous to the environment. Planning.
- 9781613440742 (electronic bk.)
161344074X (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 95-100) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 39313710