Design guide for steel at elevated temperatures and high strain rates / Fire and Blast Information Group
- Corporate Author:
- Fire and Blast Information Group (Firm)
- Additional Titles:
- Design guide for steels at elevated temperatures and high strain rates and Interim guidance notes for the design and protection of topside structures against explosion and fire
- [Ascot, Eng.] : Steel Construction Institute, 2001.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (67 pages).
- Additional Creators:
- Steel Construction Institute (Great Britain)
- 'High strength steel is often used on offshore structures where there is a risk of accidental fire and blast loads. Design for fire requires knowledge of elevated temperature data while design for blast loads requires knowledge of high strain rate material data. This document provides guidance on elevated temperature and high strain rate material property data that is currently available for high strength steels used specifically for offshore structures. The guidance covers the data required to carry out both simplified design checks and advanced nonlinear analyses."--Knovel.
- Steel, High strength—Effect of high temperatures on.
- Steel, High strength—Effect of explosion on.
- Blast effect
- Offshore structures—Design and construction
- Offshore structures—Fires and fire prevention
- Drilling platforms—Design and construction
- Drilling platforms—Fires and fire prevention
- Acier à haute résistance—Effets des hautes températures sur
- Effet de souffle
- Structures offshore—Incendies et prévention des incendies
- Plateformes de forage—Incendies et prévention des incendies
- 9781613447413 (electronic bk.)
1613447418 (electronic bk.)
- "FABIG Technical Note 6 - September 2001."
At head of title: Technical note and worked examples to supplement the Interim guidance notes for the design and protection of topside structures against explosion and fire.
View MARC record | catkey: 39314279