Aircraft structures / David J. Peery
- Peery, David J.
- Mineola, N.Y. : Dover Publications, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (vii, 566 pages) : illustrations
- Cover Page; Title Page; Copyright Page; PREFACE; CONTENTS; 1. EQUILIBRIUM OF FORCES; 2. SPACE STRUCTURES; 3. INERTIA FORCES AND LOAD FACTORS; 4. MOMENTS OF INERTIA, MOHR'S CIRCLE; 5. SHEAR AND BENDING-MOMENT DIAGRAMS; 6. SHEAR AND BENDING STRESSES IN SYMMETRICAL BEAMS; 7. BEAMS WITH UNSYMMETRICAL CROSS SECTIONS; 8. ANALYSIS OF TYPICAL MEMBERS OF SEMIMONOCOQUE STRUCTURES; 9. SPANWISE AIR-LOAD DISTRIBUTION; 10. EXTERNAL LOADS ON THE AIRPLANE; 11. MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF AIRCRAFT MATERIALS; 12. JOINTS AND FITTINGS; 13. DESIGN OF MEMBERS IN TENSION, BENDING, OR TORSION. and 14. DESIGN OF COMPRESSION MEMBERS15. DESIGN OF WEBS IN SHEAR; 16. DEFLECTIONS OF STRUCTURES; 17. STATICALLY INDETERMINATE STRUCTURES; 18. SPECIAL METHODS OF ANALYSIS; APPENDIX; INDEX; Back Cover.
- "Still relevant 62 years after its initial publication, this legendary reference text on aircraft stress analysis is considered the best book on the subject. A knowledge of aerodynamics is a prerequisite for its discussions of basic structural theory and the application of the elementary principles of mechanics to the analysis of aircraft structures. 1950 edition"--
- 9780486267302 (electronic bk.)
048626730X (electronic bk.)
9781621986157 (electronic bk.)
1621986152 (electronic bk.)
- "This Dover edition, first published in 2011, is an unabridged republication of the work originally published in 1950 by the McGraw-Hill Book Co. Inc., New York"--Title page verso
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 39314790