Peanuts : genetics, processing, and utilization / editors, H. Thomas Stalker, Richard F. Wilson
- Amsterdam : Academic Press is an imprint of Elsevier, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Stalker, H. T. (Harold Thomas), 1950- and Wilson, Richard F., 1947-
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access restricted to Ryerson students, faculty and staff.
- Front Cover; Peanuts:Genetics, Processing, and Utilization; Copyright; series page ; Contents; List of Contributors; Preface; 1 -- Origin and Early History of the Peanut; OVERVIEW; DISCUSSION; Chronological History; Archaeological Evidence; Geographical Origin; Origin of the Cultivated Peanut; Dispersion of Arachis hypogaea; Ethnological Comparisons; Linguistic Affinities; Industrial Developments; Economic Developments; ACKNOWLEDGMENTS; REFERENCES; 2 -- Biology, Speciation, and Utilization of Peanut Species; OVERVIEW; DISCUSSION; Vegetative Growth; Reproductive Growth; Flower; Fertilization., Pod DevelopmentEvolution of Arachis; Genetic and Geographical Origin of the Domesticated Peanut; Speciation and Evolutionary Trends; Maintenance of Genetic Resources; Desirable Traits in Arachis Species for Crop Improvement; Interspecific Hybridization; Introgressing Genes from Arachis Species to A. hypogaea; Root-Knot Nematode (Meloidogyne spp.); Late Leaf Spot Resistance; Rust; Groundnut Rosette Virus; Tomato Spotted Wilt Virus (TSWV); Agronomic Traits; CONCLUSIONS; REFERENCES; 3 -- Global Resources of Genetic Diversity in Peanut; OVERVIEW; DISCUSSION; Origin of the Genus Arachis., Germplasm Collections and PreservationUSDA Germplasm Collection; ICRISAT Germplasm Collection; OCRI Germplasm Collection; Challenges with Ex Situ Genebanks; Germplasm Characterization and Evaluation; Phenotypic Variation; Molecular and Genomic Variation; Core Collections; Mini Core Collections; Trait Discovery by Mining Core or Mini Core Collections; Germplasm Enhancement and Utilization; Germplasm Enhancement/Prebreeding; Germplasm Utilization and Impact of Germplasm; CONCLUSIONS; ACKNOWLEDGMENTS; REFERENCES; 4 -- Recent Advances in Peanut Breeding and Genetics; OVERVIEW; DISCUSSION., Development and Use of Genetic MarkersAflatoxin Contamination; Breeding for Tolerance to Drought Stress; Symptoms of Water Stress during Peanut Development; Genetic Resources for Drought Tolerance in Peanut; Breeding and Selection Strategies for Drought Tolerance; Selectable Phenotypes Associated with Drought Tolerance in Peanut; Selection Progress toward Agronomic Cultivars; Discovery of Genes that Mediate Drought Tolerance in Peanut; Developing High Definition Maps of QTL Associated with Drought Tolerance; High Oleic Peanut; Use of Wild Species; Genetic Enhancement of Peanut in India., and Priorities for Disease Resistance and Environmental Stress TolerancePyramiding Seed Composition and Crop Protection Traits; Genetic Enhancement of Peanut in China; Mutation Breeding; Interspecific Hybridization; Marked-Assisted Selection; Enhancing Selection Methods for Seed Composition Traits; CONCLUSIONS; REFERENCES; 5 -- The Peanut Genome: The History of the Consortium and the Structure of the Genome of Cultivated Peanut and Its Diploid Ancestors; INTRODUCTION; DISCUSSION; Brief History of Peanut Genomics; Cultivated Peanut and Its Wild Relatives; The A and B Genomes Are Closely Related.
- 9780323443005 (electronic bk.)
0323443001 (electronic bk.)
9781630670399 (electronic bk.)
1630670391 (electronic bk.)
9781523101788 (electronic bk.)
1523101784 (electronic bk.)
- "Published in cooperation with the American Oil Chemists' Society"--Title page verso.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 39316251