Pipeline risk assessment : the definitive approach and its role in risk management / W. Kent Muhlbauer
- Muhlbauer, W. Kent
- Austin TX : Expert Publishing, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Front -- Contents -- CAUTION -- PREFACE -- I Introduction -- 1 RISK ASSESSMENT AT A GLANCE -- 2 DEFINITIONS AND CONCEPTS -- 3 ASSESSING RISK -- 4 DATA MANAGEMENT AND ANALYSES -- 5 THIRD-PARTY DAMAGE -- 6 TIME-DEPENDENT FAILURE MECHANISMS -- 7 GEOHAZARDS -- 8 INCORRECT OPERATIONS -- 9 SABOTAGE -- 10 RESISTANCE MODELING -- 11 CONSEQUENCE OF FAILURE -- 12 SERVICE INTERRUPTION RISK -- 13 RISK MANAGEMENT
- The optimum management of risks emerges from the best understanding of risks. Risk understanding is now available to all, via efficient and intuitive risk assessment. This book presents the definitive approach to assessing risks from pipelines-an approach that overcomes the limitations of previous methodologies. As the definitive approach, the methodology must: Provide clarity-generating immediately useful information to decision-makers; be comprehensive and complete; capture and integrate real world processes; dispel myths arising from risk assessment past practice; remove unnecessary complexity that interferes with understanding risk; be cost-effective to create, apply, and manage. As with the author's previous works, the recommended methodology detailed here is a practical, easy-to-apply approach to measuring risks associated with operating any type of pipeline in any environment. Risk assessment need not be a complex academic exercise. It should be a straightforward practice, used by - and useful to - any and all stakeholders in a pipeline's operation.
- 9781523102167 (electronic bk.)
1523102160 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 39316458