Full of the highland humours / Ensemble Hesperi
- [Place of publication not identified] : EM Records, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file)
- Additional Creators:
- Ensemble Hesperi
- Airs for the summer. Poppy / James Oswald (3:27) -- Trio sonata no. 6 in D major / Giuseppe Sammartini (9:08) -- Other ayres and pieces. Ground after the Scotch humour / Nicola Matteis Jr. (2:18) -- Airs for the autumn. The sweet sultan (3:48) ; Collection of curious Scots tunes. Alloway house (2:44) / James Oswald -- Violin sonata no. 4 / Earl of Kelly, 6th (10:02) -- Airs for the spring. Ranunculus (3:18) ; Collection of curious Scots tunes. O mother what shall I do? (2:11) ; Ettrick banks (1:44) ; She rose and let me in (:51) ; Cromlit's lilt (1:08) ; Polwart on the green (4:13) / James Oswald -- A collection of original Scotch tunes, full of the highland humours. Peggy's the prettiest ; My lady hope's Scotch measure / Henry Playford (2:05) -- Airs for the winter. The Cyclamen / James Oswald (4:23) -- The harpsichord of Spinnet miscellany. Maggie Lauder / Robert Bremner (4:59) -- A treatise of good taste in the art of musick. The last time I came o'er the moor / Francesco Geminiani (3:41) -- A curious collection of Scots tunes with variations. Hit her on the bum / Robert Bremner (2:03).
- Sound Characteristics:
- Digital File Characteristics:
- audio file
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Ensemble Hesperi.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded 2021 May 25-27 St. John the Evangelist Church, Oxford.
View MARC record | catkey: 39320412