Incidents in the life of a slave girl [electronic resource] : Seven years concealed / Linda Brent
- Linda Brent
- Cleveland : Duke Classics, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl is the immensely powerful autobiography of Harriet Jacobs, who wrote under a pen name. A feminist work, she uses her experiences to state and restate her belief that though all unhappiness sprung from being a slave, she had to endure worse, being also a woman. Her experiences show that the only refuge and relief to be found were in other women, and also that women were less able to attempt freedom when that would mean leaving their children behind. Her autobiography is the account of her struggle to achieve that freedom and respect and redefine herself. Her life is a testament to her grandmother's credo: "He that is willing to be a slave, let him be a slave."
- 9781620117095 (electronic bk)
- Title from eBook information screen..
- Technical Details:
- Requires OverDrive Read (file size: N/A KB) or Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 1306 KB) or Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 366 KB) or Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 1305 KB) or Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 360 KB).
View MARC record | catkey: 39323658