Zadig [electronic resource], Or, the book of fate / Voltaire
- Voltaire, 1694-1778
- Uniform Title:
- Zadig. Arabic
- Cleveland : Duke Classics, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Enlightenment philosopher Voltaire's novel Zadig, or The Book of Fate skillfully weaves the story of its ancient Babylonian philosopher. Not trying for adherence to history, Voltaire's story is full of thinly veiled references to the social and political issues his own time. This appropriately philosophical work holds up human life as being led by destiny beyond our control. The moral transformations that take place within Zadig tell of overturning orthodoxy in religion and in metaphysical beliefs. After Candide , this is said by many to be Voltaire's greatest work.
- 9781620112465 (electronic bk)
- Title from eBook information screen..
- Technical Details:
- Requires OverDrive Read (file size: N/A KB) or Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 879 KB) or Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 264 KB) or Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 879 KB) or Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 261 KB).
View MARC record | catkey: 39325925