Handbook of developmental disabilities / edited by Samuel L. Odom [and others].
- New York : Guilford Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 654 pages : illustrations ; 27 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Odom, Samuel L.
- The construct of developmental disabilities / Samuel L. Odom ... [et al.] -- Public policy and developmental disabilities : a 35-year retrospective and a 5-year prospective based on the core concepts of disability policy / H. Rutherford Turnbull, III ... [et al.] -- Disability research methodology : current issues and future challenges / Zolinda Stoneman -- Race, culture, and developmental disabilities / Janette K. Klingner, Wanda J. Blanchett, and Beth Harry -- General health / Wendy M. Nehring and Cecily L. Betz -- Advances in genetics / Nicole R. Tartaglia, Robin L. Hansen, and Randi J. Hagerman -- Neuroscience of developmental disabilities / Curt A. Sandman and Aaron S. Kemp -- Early intervention for infants and toddlers with developmental disabilities / Carl J. Dunst -- Trends and issues in interventions for preschoolers with developmental disabilities / Judith J. Carta and Na Young Kong -- Early intervention for children with autism spectrum disorder / Samuel L. Odom ... [et al.] -- Communication intervention for young children with disabilities : naturalistic approaches to promoting development / Ann P. Kaiser and J. Alacia Trent -- Advances in instruction / Martha E. Snell -- Inclusive education / Pam Hunt and John McDonnell -- Academic skills : reading and mathematics / Diane M. Browder ... [et al.] -- Social interaction interventions : promoting socially supportive environments and teaching new skills / Erik. W. Carter and Carolyn Hughes -- Augmentative and alternative communication / Brenda Fossett and Pat Mirenda -- Physical activity and youth with developmental disabilities / Georgia C. Frey -- Transition and quality of life / Linda M. Bambara, Barbara A. Wilson, and Molly McKenzie -- Employment / David Mank -- Living with support in the community : factors associated with quality-of-life outcome / David Felce and Jonathan Perry -- Independent living / Roger J. Stancliffe and K. Charlie Lakin -- Adult social relationships / Janis Chadsey -- Positive behavior support and developmental disabilities : a summary and analysis of research / Glen Dunlap and Edward G. Carr -- Mental health supports in developmental disabilities / Dimitrios Paschos and Nick Bouras -- Psychotherapeutic medications and positive behavior support / Travis Thompson, Tim Moore, and Frank Symons -- Families in context : influences on coping and adaptation / Jan Blacher and Chris Hatton -- Family impact in adulthood / Julie J. Lounds and Marsha Mailick Seltzer -- Families as partners in educational decision making : current implementation and future directions / Ann P. Turnbull ... [et al.] -- International perspectives / Eric Emerson, Glenn T. Fujiura, and Chris Hatton -- Reflections on the future of research in developmental disabilities / Steven F. Warren.
- 9781593854850 (hardcover : alk. paper) and 1593854854 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 3934873