Class, community, and culture in Tudor Wales [electronic resource] / edited by J. Gwynfor Jones
- Cardiff : University of Wales Press, 1989.
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 300 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Jones, J. Gwynfor, 1936-
University College, Cardiff. Department of Welsh History
- Change and continuity / Madeleine Gray -- Everyday life in the homes of the gentry / Enid Roberts -- Schooling and society / William P. Griffith -- Concepts of order and gentility / J. Gwynfor Jones -- Let use be preferred to uniformity / Eurwyn Wiliam -- Very wealthy by merchandise? / Matthew Griffiths -- The lower orders of society / Brian E. Howells -- Crime and community in Denbighshire during the 1590's / Nia M.W. Powell.
- 0585246750 (electronic bk.)
- "Most of the contributions ... are extended versions of lectures delivered in an undergraduate colloquium organized by the Department of Welsh History, University College, Cardiff and held at Gregynog Hall in Powys"--P. [ix].
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (page 295).
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boulder, Colo. : NetLibrary, 2000. Available via the World Wide Web. Available in multiple electronic file formats. Access may be limited to NetLibrary affiliated libraries.
- Funding Information:
- This netLibrary electronic book is provided through the Access Pennsylvania Database project, a statewide library union catalog funded by the Pennsylvania Legislature and administered by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, Office of Commonwealth Libraries, Bureau of Library Development.
View MARC record | catkey: 3936313