Critical perspectives on Project Head Start [electronic resource] : revisioning the hope and challenge / edited by Jeanne Ellsworth and Lynda J. Ames
- Albany : State University of New York Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 352 pages : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Ellsworth, Jeanne, 1951-, Ames, Lynda J., and NetLibrary, Inc
- A lost legacy : Head Start's origins in community action / Kathryn R. Kuntz -- The origins of Head Start and the two versions of parent involvement : how much parent participation in early childhood programs and services for poorer children? / Polly Greenberg -- Beyond busywork : crafting a powerful role for low-income mothers in schools or sustaining inequalities? / Linda Spatig ... [et al.] -- Parent involvement in a rural Head Start and the reproduction of class / Roslyn Arlin Mickelson and Mary Trotter Klenz -- Head Start bilingual and multicultural program services / Patricia A. Hamilton, Katherine Hayes, and Henry M. Doan -- High/Scope in Head Start programs serving Southeast Asian immigrant and refugee children and their families : lessons from an ethnographic study / Eden Inoway-Ronnie -- Family literacy informing Head Start : lessons from Hmong and Latino families / Elizabeth P. Quintero -- Reform and empowerment : rural mothers and Head Start / Lynda J. Ames and Jeanne Ellsworth -- More than a job : reflections of a former Head Start staff member / Susan W. Geddes -- Personal growth in Head Start / Wendy L. Kirby -- Developmentalism meets standardized testing : do low-income children lose? / Linda spatig ... [et al.] -- A bumpy transition from Head Start to public school : issues of philosophical and managerial continuity within the administrative structure of one school system / Stacey Neuharth-Prichett and Panayota Y. Mantzicopoulos -- Inspiring delusion : reflections on Head Start's enduring popularity / Jeanne Ellsworth -- Concluding thoughts : hope and challenge : Head Start past, present, future / Jeanne Elsworth and Lynda J. Ames.
- 0585059667 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boulder, Colo. : NetLibrary, 1999. Available via the World Wide Web. Available in multiple electronic file formats. Access may be limited to NetLibrary affiliated libraries.
- Funding Information:
- This netLibrary electronic book is provided through the Access Pennsylvania Database project, a statewide library union catalog funded by the Pennsylvania Legislature and administered by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, Office of Commonwealth Libraries, Bureau of Library Development.
View MARC record | catkey: 3937357