Dimensions of literacy [electronic resource] : a conceptual base for teaching reading and writing in school settings / Stephen B. Kucer
- Kucer, Stephen B., 1950-
- Mahwah, N.J. : Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 2005.
- 2nd ed.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 353 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- NetLibrary, Inc
- A multidimensional view of reading and writing -- The nature of language -- Oral and written language relationships -- Language variation -- The constructive nature of perception -- The reading processes -- Understanding written discourse -- The writing process -- Understanding literacy as social practices -- The authority of written discourse -- Constructing the written language system -- The dimensions of literacy : implications for reading.
- 1410611531 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 311-333) and indexes.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boulder, Colo. : NetLibrary, 2004. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to NetLibrary affiliated libraries.
- Funding Information:
- This netLibrary electronic book is provided through the Access Pennsylvania Database project, a statewide library union catalog funded by the Pennsylvania Legislature and administered by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, Office of Commonwealth Libraries, Bureau of Library Development.
View MARC record | catkey: 3937693