The hype about hydrogen [electronic resource] : fact and fiction in the race to save the climate / Joseph J. Romm
- Romm, Joseph J.
- Washington, DC : Island Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xi, 238 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- NetLibrary, Inc
- Why hydrogen? why now? -- Fuel cell basics -- The path to commercialization -- Hydrogen production -- Key elements of a hydrogen-based transportation system -- The long road to commercialization of fuel-cell vehicles -- Global warming and scenarios for a hydrogen transition -- Coping with the global warming century -- Hydrogen partnerships and pilots -- Choosing our future.
- This explanation of hydrogen and fuel cell technologies takes a hard look at the practical difficulties of transitioning to a hydrogen economy and reveals why neither government policy nor business investment should be based on the belief that hydrogen cars will have meaningful commercial success in the near or medium term.
- 141754189X (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boulder, Colo. : NetLibrary, 2004. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to NetLibrary affiliated libraries.
- Funding Information:
- This netLibrary electronic book is provided through the Access Pennsylvania Database project, a statewide library union catalog funded by the Pennsylvania Legislature and administered by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, Office of Commonwealth Libraries, Bureau of Library Development.
View MARC record | catkey: 3937851