High anxieties [electronic resource] : cultural studies in addiction / Janet Farrell Brodie and Marc Redfield, editors
- Berkeley : University of California Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- ix, 232 pages ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Brodie, Janet Farrell, Redfield, Marc, 1958-, and NetLibrary, Inc
- Bibliographic record display: ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu , Click here to access this electronic book provided through the Access Pennsylvania Database project.
- Addiction and the ends of desire / Stacey Margolis -- A terminal case: William Burroughs and the logic of addiction / Timothy Melley -- Narrating national addictions: De Quincey, opium, and tea / Cannon Schmitt -- Victorian highs: detection, drugs, and empire / Marty Roth -- The rhetoric of addiction: from Victorian novels to AA / Robyn R. Warhol -- Firewater legacy: alcohol and Native American identity in the fiction of James Fenimore Cooper / Nicholas O. Warner -- Smoking, addiction, and the making of time / Helen Keane -- An intoxicated screen: reflections on film and drugs / Maurizio Viano -- Welcome to the pharmacy: addiction, transcendence, and virtual reality / Ann Weinstone -- If "reality is the best metaphor," it must be virtual / Marguerite Waller.
- 1417508159 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boulder, Colo. : NetLibrary, 2004. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to NetLibrary affiliated libraries.
- Funding Information:
- This netLibrary electronic book is provided through the Access Pennsylvania Database project, a statewide library union catalog funded by the Pennsylvania Legislature and administered by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, Office of Commonwealth Libraries, Bureau of Library Development.
View MARC record | catkey: 3939229