The cognitive neuroscience of music [electronic resource] / edited by Isabelle Peretz and Robert J. Zattore
- Musical predispositions in infancy, an update / Sandra E. Trehub -- The quest for universals in temporal processing in music / Carolyn Drake and Daisy Bertrand -- Mechanism of musical memory in infancy / Jenny R. Saffran -- Music, cognition, culture, and evolution / Ian Cross -- Is music an evolutionary adaptation? / David Huron -- The roots of musical variation in perceptual similarity and invariance / Stephen McAdams and Daniel Matzkin -- Tonal cognition / Carol L. Krumhansl and Petri Toiviainen -- Learning and perceiving musical structures, further insights from artificial neural networks / Barbara Tillmann, Jamshed J. Bharucha, and Emmanuel Bigand -- Neurobiology of harmony perception / Mark Jude Tramo ... [et al.] -- Intracerebral evoked potentials in pitch perception reveal a functional asymmetry of human auditory cortex / Catherine Liégeois-Chauvel ... [et al.] -- The neural processing of complex sounds / Timothy D. Griffiths -- Music and the neurologist, a historical perspective / John C.M. Brust -- Brain specialization for music, new evidence from congenital amusia / Isabelle Peretz -- Cerebral substrates for musical temporal processes / Séverine Samson and Nathalie Ehrlé -- Cerebral substrates of musical imagery / Andrea R. Halpern -- Neural specializations for tonal processing / Robert J. Zatorre -- Exploring the functional neuroanatomy of music performance, perception, and comprehension / Lawrence M. Parsons -- Comparison between language and music / Mireille Besson and Daniele Schön -- Musical sound processing, EEG and MEG evidence / Mari Tervaniemi -- Processing emotions induced by music / L.J. Trainor and L.A. Schmidt -- A new approach to the cognitive neuroscience of melody / Aniruddh D. Patel -- How many music centres are in the brain? / Eckart O. Altenmüller -- Functional organization and plasticity of auditory cortex / Josef P. Rauschecker -- The brain of musicians / Gottfried Schlaug -- Representational cortex in musicians / C. Pantev ... [et al.] -- The brain that makes music and is changed by it / Alvaro Pascual-Leone -- The sounds of poetry viewed as music / Fred Lerdahl -- Does exposure to music have beneficial side effects? / E. Glenn Schellenberg.
- 1423700015 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boulder, Colo. : NetLibrary, 2005. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to NetLibrary affiliated libraries.
- Funding Information:
- This netLibrary electronic book is provided through the Access Pennsylvania Database project, a statewide library union catalog funded by the Pennsylvania Legislature and administered by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, Office of Commonwealth Libraries, Bureau of Library Development.
View MARC record | catkey: 3939771