The U.S. scientific and technical workforce improving data for decisionmaking / Terrence K. Kelly [and others].
- Additional Titles:
- United States scientific and technical workforce improving data for decisionmaking
- Santa Monica, CA : RAND, 2004.
- Physical Description:
- xix, 114 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Kelly, Terrence K.
Butz, William P.
Carroll, Stephen J., 1940-
Adamson, David M.
Science and Technology Policy Institute (Rand Corporation)
United States. Office of Science and Technology Policy
- Conference proceedings ; 194
- Concerns about the size and adequacy of the U.S. scientific, technical, engineering, and mathematics workforce have been voiced repeatedly over the years, though surpluses have been more common than shortages. The RAND Corporation convened conference documented here worked to explore the limitations of existing data and to uncover possible improvements. This volume presents the papers delivered and discussed at the workshop, as well as RAND's synthesis of workforce data needs and opportunities for meeting those needs.
- "The research described in this report was conducted ... for the Office of Science and Technology Policy and the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation."--T.p. verso.
"Rand Science and Technology."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Also available on the internet via WWW in PDF format.
- Funding Information:
- Office of Science and Technology Policy. SC096 1000
- Complexity Note:
- See also RAND/IP-241-OSTP, RAND/MG-118-OSTP.
View MARC record | catkey: 3939838