The total Army school system : recommendations for future policy / John D. Winkler [and others].
- Santa Monica, CA : RAND, 1999.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 34 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Winkler, John D., 1953-, Shanley, Michael G., 1947-, Schank, John F. (John Frederic), 1946-, Crowley, James C., 1945-, Mattock, Michael G., 1961-, Madison, Rodger, 1951-, McDonald, Laurie L., 1955-, Green, Diane, Steinberg, Paul, 1953-, Arroyo Center. Manpower and Training Program, Rand Corporation, and United States. Army
- This report summarizes the Arroyo Center's analysis of the Reserve Component (RC) school system and the prototype over two fiscal years (1995 and 1996) in the areas of training requirements and school production, training resources and costs, and training quality. While the RC system continues to have large training requirements, its ability to meet those requirements has grown; still, quota utilization continues to be a problem. Manpower resources continue to dominate costs, reinforcing the need to improve efficiency. Analysis shows that various strategies can improve efficiency from 10 to 24 percent; in addition, while consolidating annual training sites can yield efficiency, consolidating individual duty for training sites does not. Courseware continues to be the paramount training quality issue and, while instructor qualification is not a problem, finding enough qualified instructors continues to be.
- Report Numbers:
- Other Subject(s):
- "Arroyo Center."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 33-34).
- Other Forms:
- Also available on the internet via WWW in PDF format.
- Funding Information:
- Army. DASW01-96-c-0004. AR001 819Y
- Complexity Note:
- Supersedes RAND/DRR-1682-1-A.
View MARC record | catkey: 3940601