Child sexual abuse : disclosure, delay, and denial / edited by Margaret-Ellen Pipe [and others].
- Mahwah, N.J. : Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- ix, 318 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Pipe, M-E (Margaret-Ellen)
- Pt. I. Introduction. Seeking resolution in the disclosure wars: an overview / Margaret-Ellen Pipe ... [et al.] -- Disclosure of child sexual abuse: a review of the contemporary empirical literature / Kamala London ... [et al.] -- False denials: overcoming methodological biases in abuse disclosure research / Thomas D. Lyon. Pt. II. New data and perspectives on when and why children fail to disclose abuse. Individual and family variables associated with disclosure and nondisclosure of child abuse in Israel / Irit Hershkowitz, Dvora Horowitz, and Michael E. Lamb -- Factors associated with nondisclosure of suspected abuse during forensic interviews / Margaret-Ellen Pipe -- Suspected victims of abuse who do not make allegation: an analysis of their interactions with forensic interviewers / Irit Hershkowitz ... [et al.] -- Reluctant disclosers of child sexual abuse / Yael Orbach, Hana Shiloach, and Michael E. Lamb -- The influence of interviewer-provided social support on children's suggestibility, memory, and disclosures / Bette L. Bottoms, Jodi A. Quas, and Suzanne L. Davis -- Delay of disclosure, minimization, and denial of abuse when the evidence is unambiguous: a multivictim case / Ann-Christin Cederborg, Michael E. Lamb, and Ola Laurell -- A retrospective study of factors affecting the disclosure of childhood sexual and physical abuse / Bette L. Bottoms, Aaron G. Rudnicki, and Michelle A. Epstein -- Canadian criminal court reports of historic child sexual abuse factors associated with delayed prosecution and reported repression / Deborah A. Connolly and J. Don Read. Pt. III. Clinical, legal, and policy implications of the research on when and why children do and do not disclose abuse. A holistic approach to interviewing and treating children in the legal system / Karen J. Saywitz, Phillip Esplin, and Sarah Romanoff -- Clinical and organizations perspectives on denial and delayed disclosure / Clara H. Gumpert -- Forensic interviewing in New Zealand / Karen Wilson -- The silence of abused children in Israel: policy implications / Dvora Horowitz -- Reflections on the concept of disclosure / Frank Lindblad.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3942569