Enoch and the Messiah Son of Man : revisiting the Book of parables / edited by Gabriele Boccaccini ; associate editor, Jason von Ehrenkrook ; with the collaboration of J. Harold Ellens, Ronald Ruark, and Justin Winger
- Grand Rapids, Mich. : William B. Eerdmans Pub., 2007.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 539 pages ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Boccaccini, Gabriele, 1958-
- The Enoch Seminar at Camaldoli : re-entering the parables of Enoch in the study of Second Temple Judaism and Christian origins / Gabriele Boccaccini -- Greeting to the participants at the third Enoch Seminar at Camaldoli / Dom Emanuele Bargellini -- Discerning the structure(s) of the Enochic Book of parables / George W. E. Nickelsburg -- The structure and composition of the parables of Enoch / Michael A. Knibb -- The parables of Enoch according to George Nickelsburg and Michael Knibb : a summary and discussion of some remaining questions / Loren T. Stuckenbruck -- The structure of the parables of Enoch : a response to George Nickelsburg and Michael Knibb / Benjamin G. Wright -- The Book of parables within the Enoch tradition / James C. VanderKam -- Remarks on transmission and traditions in the parables of Enoch : a response to James VanderKam / Eibert J. C. Tigchelaar -- Roles and titles of the seventh antediluvian hero in the parables of Enoch : a departure from the traditional pattern? / Andrei A. Orlov -- A dead end in the Enoch trajectory : a response to Andrei Orlov / William Adler -- Exegetical notes on cosmology in the parables of Enoch / Jonathan Ben-Dov -- The Son of Man : the evolution of an expression / Sabino Chialà -- The Son of Man in the parables of Enoch / Helge S. Kvanvig -- Enoch and the Son of Man : a response to Sabino Chialà and Helge Kvanvig / John J. Collins -- Questions regarding the so-called Son of Man in the parables of Enoch : a response to Sabino Chialà and Helge Kvanvig / Klaus Koch -- The name of the Son of Man in the parables of Enoch / Charles A. Gieschen -- "The coming of the Righteous one" in Acts and 1 Enoch / Gerbern S. Oegema -- Finding a place for the parables of Enoch within Second Temple Jewish literature / Gabriele Boccaccini -- The parables of Enoch in Second Temple literature : a response to Gabriele Boccaccini / Matthias Henze -- The Son of Man in the parables of Enoch and the Gospels / Leslie W. Walck -- The secret Son of Man in the parables of Enoch and the Gospel of Mark : a response to Leslie Walck / Adela Yarbro Collins -- The parables of Enoch and Qumran literature / Ida Fröhlich -- Adamic traditions in the parables? : a query on 1 Enoch 69:6 / Kelley Coblentz Bautch -- "A testimony for the kings and the mighty who possess the earth" : the thirst for justice and peace in the parables of Enoch / Pierluigi Piovanelli -- Was the Book of parables a sectarian document? : a brief brief in support of Pierluigi Piovanelli / Daniel Boyarin -- The parables of Enoch in Second Temple Jewish society / Lester L. Grabbe -- Spatiality in the second parable of Enoch / Pieter M. Venter -- Enoch in sheol : updating the dating of the Book of parables / David W. Suter -- Enoch's date in limbo : or, some considerations on David Suter's analysis of the Book of parables / Michael E. Stone -- Can we discern the composition date of the parables of Enoch? / James H. Charlesworth -- The Book of Noah, the death of Herod the Great, and the date of the parables of Enoch / Darrell D. Hannah -- A symbolic transfiguration of a historical event : the Parthian invasion in Josephus and the parables of Enoch / Luca Arcari -- An allusion in the parables of Encho to the Acts of Matthias Antgonus in 40 B.C.E.? / Hanan Eshel -- An overlooked patristic allusion to the parables of Enoch? / Daniel C. Olson -- The 2005 Camaldoli Seminar on the Parables of Enoch : summary and prospects for future research / Paolo Sacchi -- The parables of Enoch and the Messih Son of Man : a bibliography, 1773-2006 / Jason von Ehrenkrook.
- 9780802803771 (pbk. : alk. paper) and 0802803776 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 3944693