Homeland security in the UK : future preparedness for terrorist attack since 9/11 / edited by Paul Wilkinson
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 417 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Wilkinson, Paul, 1937-2011
- Case series on political violence
- Introduction -- Introduction / Paul Wilkinson -- Threat assessment -- The threat from the Al Qaeda network / Paul Wilkinson -- International terrorism and the UK : assessing the threat / Tamara Makarenko -- The chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear weapons threats / Jez Littlewood and John Simpson -- The domestic threat : the cases of Northern Ireland and animal rights extremism / Anthony Richards -- UK efforts to enhance preparedness since 9/11 -- National governance structures to manage the response to terrorist threats and attacks : a cross-national comparative analysis with special reference to the UK 'lead department' response structure and UK counter-terrorism strategy / Frank Gregory -- Reducing the chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear weapons threat : the role of counter-proliferation, arms control and disarmament / John Simpson and Jez Littlewood -- The UK and the threat of nuclear terrorism : a case study of organisational responses ' John Simpson -- An assessment of the contribution of intelligence-led counter-terrorism to UK homeland security post-9/11 within the 'contest' strategy / Frank Gregory -- Police and counter-terrorism in the UK : a study of 'one of the highest and most challenging priorities for police forces nationally' / Frank Gregory -- Immigration and asylum / Tamara Makarenko -- Enhancing UK aviation security post 9/11/ Paul Wilkinson -- Post security in the UK : the spectre of maritime terrorism / Peter Lehr -- Terrorism and public information / Anthony Richards -- Cyber security and the critical national infrastructure / Darryl Howlett -- Private sector roles in counter-terrorism / Frank Gregory -- Civil contingencies and emergency response -- UK draft Civil Contingencies Act 2003 and the subsequent building block for homeland security? / Frank Gregory -- The emergency response : progress and problems / Anthony Richards -- International dimensions and main conclusions of authors -- International dimensions of homeland security / Paul Wilkinson -- Main conclusions of the authors / Project Team.
- 9780415383745 (hbk.), 0415383749 (hbk.), 9780415383752 (pbk.), 0415383757 (pbk.), 9780203087459 (ebk.), and 0203087453 (ebk.)
- Includes index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3944772