Theatre magazine, Jul-Dec 1919 / Arthur Hornblow, editor
- New York : Theatre Magazine Company, 1919.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 volume (444 pages)) : illustrations (black and white, and colour).
- Additional Creators:
- Hornblow, Arthur, 1865-1942 and Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- Theatre Magazine was published monthly by New York publisher Theatre Co. between May 1901 & April 1931. Advertised as a premium parlour table magazine, 53 volumes were published in total, all featuring colour plates, engravings & portraits. Whilst the first two issues had been published quarterly in October 1900 & January 1901 under the alternative title Our Player's Gallery, the magazine's features & format remained relatively unchanged throughout its run. Renowned for its rich visual elements, chromolithographed photographs, & full colour covers of famous leading actresses of the era it is perhaps unsurprising that, by 1920, Theatre Magazine boasted a wide circulation. All issues were enveloped at either end by advertisements for fashionable commodities, accessories & homeware.
- Other Subject(s):
- Related Titles:
- Our player's gallery
- Audience Notes:
- "Volume: XXX"--Home page.
"Issues: 221-226"--Home page.
"Price: 35 cents"--Home page.
"Additional Information: Theatre Magazine was published on the 28th of each month. Issues cost $0.35 each or subscriptions were available $4.00 a year throughout the United States, Porto Rico, Hawaii and the Philippines"--Home page.
AMDigital Reference: V 1807 .9.
Formerly published as Our player's gallery.
6 issues bound into a single volume.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2022. Digitized from a copy held by The Newberry Library and made available by Adam Matthew Digital.
- Location of Originals:
- The Newberry Library
- Copyright Note:
- The Newberry Library.
View MARC record | catkey: 39622391